In this 35-degree (and rising) heatwave, we’re sure of two things: summer is definitely here and our wardrobe needs a much-needed seasonal update! This summer, we’re all about mixing and matching the key essentials of a killer wardrobe. We’re talking about creating the ultimate capsule wardrobe with the closet greats.
For those who don’t know, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of versatile pieces proven to keep you in-style and on-trend with a limited number of clothing options. We’re talking about this summer’s must-haves from vintage pastels to immortal denim silhouettes, all found in unbeatable summer #ootds created for MANGO.
1. Picnic Pastels (Yellow checkered wide-leg pants + basic tank top + oversized earrings + vintage cat-eye sunnies)
Think Coney Island during the 70s with a sexy twist from the millennium. For your first outfit of the summer, mix soft yellow checkered pants with a basic top, hoop earrings, and a pair of vintage cat-eye sunnies.
2. Ageless Denim (Wide-leg patchwork jeans + one-side shoulder top + vintage sling bag)
Fuse together modern and classic silhouettes by taking trendy wide-leg pants with a one-side shoulder top. Seal the deal with a vintage clutch bag handy.
3. Statement Piercings (Oversized tee + oversized earrings + denim skirt + black velvet mules)
For lazy summer days, pair basics together with accessories that will do all the talking. Take a boyfriend t-shirt, a distressed denim skirt, and slip on oversized earrings that speak your style.
4. The Trick With Trenches (Linen trench coat + dark bermuda shorts + basic tank top + pop-of-color purse)
We know, trench coats in Manila? How?! We’ve recently gathered that linen trench coats are not just breezy – they also make the best outerwear accessory. Put on dark-colored Bermuda shorts with a simple tank top, and take the outfit further by draping a linen trench coat over your shoulders.
5. Linen Love (Khaki Linen pants + button-down top + mules)
For girls who love muted earth tones (raise your hands!), this one’s for you! Textured linens aren’t only comfy during sweltering hot afternoons, they also have the power to make relaxed pieces very chic. Beat the heat with khaki linen pants, a crisp button-down top, and comfy leather mules.
6. She Wears The Pants (relaxed pantsuit + oversized earrings + mules)
There will be days when we need a little power boost for those low-energy work days. Go big and take on a relaxed pantsuit in a pale pastel color! Accessorize to kill with oversized earrings, and comfy-chic mules.
7. Bermuda Beach (Button-down top + bermuda shorts + clutch)
In a tropical country like the Philippines, shorts are a style staple. Be the first to ride the trend of bermuda shorts as they make it back on the style radar. Match the vintage bottom with a loose button-down top and a statement clutch for a low-effort, chic #ootd.
8. Crochet of the Day (Crochet midi dress + classic straw hat + mules)
Show off your curves this season with a body-hugging midi dress. Integrate a bohemian flare into your outfit with the crochet detail, a classic straw hat, and comfy mules.
9. Made For Minimalism (button-down top + cutoff shorts + minimal sandals + pop-of-color clutch)
Every summer shopping spree is incomplete without a new pair of sandals. Go for a minimalist pair of flats this summer with thin-strapped sandals, a crisp-white button-down top, and fun cutoff shorts.
10. Summer Jumper (nude cotton jumper + denim mini + minimal sandals)
Who says jumpers are only for winter! Cotton jumpers are actually very breezy if paired with the right bottoms. Show some skin with a classic denim mini skirt and a pair of minimal sandals for the ultimate weather-friendly ensemble.